About GAFCON UK
- To educate the public about the authentic Christian faith, as Anglicans have received it, in accordance with the Jerusalem Declaration and the way it is being worked out in the lives of churches and individuals in the UK and beyond, because we believe it to be Good News for all the world
- To pray and encourage others to pray by providing opportunities for authentic Anglicans in England, Scotland and Wales and continental Europe to pray for one another and for the global Gafcon movement, because unless the Lord builds the house we labour in vain.
- To increase the reach of Gafcon UK by encouraging authentic Anglicans from England, Scotland and Wales to become members and ambassadors for the cause, because we are aware there are many who hold to the authentic Christian faith who feel isolated.
- To provide support for all who are seeking to uphold the orthodox Anglican Christian Faith in accordance with the Jerusalem Declaration (whether they belong to the traditional structures or new ecclesial bodies) because we recognise their desire to remain faithful and the challenges they face as they do so.
Gafcon UK is recognised as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) number 1187303
The trustees are:
- Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali (ex-offico)
- Rt Rev Andy Lines (ex-offico)
- Mrs Lorna Ashworth, Crowborough
- Mr James Higham, Bristol
- Mrs Jane Krammer, London
- Mr Martin Mills, London
- Rev. David McCarthy, Edinburgh
- Dr Chik Kaw Tan, Newcastle-under- Lyme
Council of Reference
Gafcon UK has a Council of Reference – who represent the breadth of the Gafcon UK membership – their role is to advise the trustees and staff.
Vice Presidents – Rev John McGinley and Mrs Lorna Ashworth
- Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali (President)
- Mrs Lorna Asheworth (Vice-President)
- Rev John McGinley (Vice-President)
- Rev Nigel Atkinson, Knutsford
- Mr Miller Bogie, Edinburgh
- Rev Amatu Christian Iwuagu, London
- Rev Jim Griffiths, Cardiff
- Mrs Jane Krammer, London
- Rev Melanie Prince, Rhoose
- Rev Mike Reith, London
- Rev Anthony Roberts, Oswaldtwistle
- Mrs Natalie Stenström
- Dr Chik Kaw Tan, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Rev Rico Tice, London
- Rev Ian Ferguson, Aberdeen
Missionary Bishop to Europe
On June 30, 2017, the Anglican Church in North America’s College of Bishops was joined by 27 Primates, Archbishops, Bishops from around the Anglican Communion to consecrate The Rev. Canon Andy Lines as a missionary bishop for Anglicans in Scotland, the UK, and Europe.
This action by the College was taken at the request of the Gafcon Primates following their meeting in Lagos, Nigeria in April 2017.
At the time, Andy Lines, shared more about his role as a bishop: “My principle desire is to see Christ glorified. That is done through people coming to know him through the scriptures, and that requires local churches where he is faithfully proclaimed, and those require godly pastor-teachers to lead them and to teach them. I see my role as enabling people to be in that position.
Since 2017 Bishop Andy Lines has ministered under the oversight of the Anglican Church in North America, and specifically the Bishop of the Anglican Network in Canada. In December 2020 the Gafcon Primates authorised a new jurisdiction, the Anglican Network in Europe, consisting of two Convocations, Anglican Convocation Europe, and Anglican Mission in England. More information can be found on these websites: anglicannetwork.org; aceanglicans.org; anglicanmissioninengland.org
Gafcon UK has no part in the governance of ANiE which is overseen by Gafcon Global; from 1st January 2021 Bishop Andy Lines is accountable to the Gafcon Primates’ Council Chairman. A major part of our role is to facilitate fellowship and cooperation between this new network, and faithful Anglicans who support and are inspired by the Gafcon movement and vision, while remaining in the Church of England and other Canterbury-aligned structures.